Added: 2/13/08 SS
Article ID#: KC00016
Crystal Reports that use the Notes and Comment fields may be problematic with
RDPWin. This is due to Crystal under supporting Btrieve/Pervasive Connections.
If a report with the Notes and Comments file stops displaying all records,
rebuild the report using ODBC. If a report take a long time to run, rebuild it
using ODBC and it may run faster.
Convert Crystal reports to use ODBC to fix any calculation issues and
speed up the reporting process.
- Open Crystal and select a report to open in Design view. Crystal
Reports Version 10.0.0.553 for CR Developer was used for these examples.
Note: Reports that use the Totals, OTotals, Journal or Forecast files
should not be converted. These files are not ODBC compliant.
- From the Database main menu, select Set Database Location.
- Expand the History and Current Connections folders.
- When an ODBC connection in History or Current Connections is not
- Expand the Create New Connection folder.
- Expand the ODBC (RDO) folder within the Create New Connection folder to
open the ODBC (RDO) screen.
- Select the "Enter Connection String" radio button.
- Enter the connection string as Driver=Pervasive ODBC Client Interface;ServerName=xxx;dbq=rdp01 where xxx is your computer name).
- Click Finish.
- In the "Current Data Source" section of the screen, highlight
"..\..\file.ddf", and in the Replace With section, select the
"Driver=Pervasive ODBC Client Interface;ServerName=xxx;dbq=rdp01" just
defined in the ODBC folder.
- Click Update.
- Repeat Step 5 and 6 for each "..\..\file.ddf" in the Current Data Source
- Close the Set Datasource Location screen.
- Save and close the report.