Any reference to CRM, Enhanced Housekeeping, Work Orders and Asset Management, Reporter, and Stats will only be appropriate and active if the customer has purchased each of these modules.
The following list of new features are available in RDPWin Version 3.1 only. All features in RDPWin 3.0 are also available in 3.1.
- Prepaid Account Tracking
- RDPWin can be configured to track prepayments on reservations. These include guests that have paid their rent in advanced, both checked in and future reservations. The system tracks credit balances on long term reservation that are in the specified folio (I, A, or B) and put the credit amount into the prepaid account. For example, a guest has rent due of $1000 on October 1st. The guest prepays the $1000 rent on September 20th. The guest has a $1000 credit on their folio. This $1000 will debit cash and credit the prepaid account instead of the guest ledger GL account. The prepaid account basically replaces the guest ledger or advanced deposit ledger accounts if a credit balance occurs on the reservation. This prepaid account is a liability. When a payment is applied to a reservation, the Generate Totals program determines if the payment will be applied to the prepaid account or the guest or advance deposit ledgers. When the rent is posted and the balance of the folio is back to 0 ($1000 prepayment credit + $1000 rent charge), the amount in the prepaid account is debited that amount. The money moves over to the guest ledger.
- To configure this feature, go to the Accounting menu --> Configuration. Select the prepayment account from the Pre-Paid G/L Account field. Then select the folio type that payments will be posted. To view the totals in the prepaid account, run the Internal Audit report. The last page of the report will display the prepaid amounts.
- Agent Fields on CRM Record
- Three agents fields have been added to the CRM record. Track agents that are associated with the CRM guest from the CRM menu --> Find --> click the Agents tab. If the CRM record is selected when making a new reservation, any agents attached to the CRM record will automatically be added to the reservation.
- Long Term Reservations
- Long term reservations are supported in the IRM.Net. Reservations made on the IRM.Net include a monthly rent charge for each month. Set the configuration to require long term reservations after x number of days from the Reservation Configuration --> Long Term tab. Enable the use of long term rate choices by selecting the Choice of Long Term Rate Plans radio button the Long Term tab. Set up long term rate plans to be used on the IRM.Net by checking the Long Term box on the Rate Plan screen and checking the Show on the IRM box. For more information on setting up long term rates, see How to Configure Long Term Rate Plans.
- Once the long term rates are configured, configure the IRM.Net to allow the long term reservations. Go to the IRM.Net menu --> Configuration --> Reservations tab --> check the Allow Long Term Reservations. If the IRM.Net is set to Display Rate Plan Choices, the Rebind Rate Plan Choices When Arrival/Departure Dates Change must also be checked. This is required to recalculate the monthly rate.
- Other charges and security deposits configured for long term reservations with be included for IRM.Net long term reservations. If the Rate Payment Schedule is configured, the IRM.Net will include this schedule. For details, see Rate Payment Schedule.
- Second Security Deposit
- Reservations can have two security deposits, one for the room and another for incidentals like utilities. If enabled, the IRM.Net will calculate both security deposits. To enable this feature set switch 425-32 to Yes. The second security deposit uses transaction code B2SD and bucket S. Configure the second security deposit from the Other Charges tab in the Reservation Configuration. Check the box for IRM reservations to include on the IRM.Net.
- Promo Codes for Long Term Rate Plans
- Long term rates plans can use promo codes on the IRM.Net. Assign a promo code to the applicable long term rate plan from the IRM.Net Configuration --> Promotional Code tab. If a guest enters a long term promo code with short term dates, the promo code will not work and vice versa.
- Configuration | Appearance Tab | Use CSS Buttons
- Check this box to create custom text and style the buttons on the IRM.Net Reservation pages. Click the Custom Text button and enter the text for each button if it happens to differ than the default text. For example, change the Rates button to display as 'View Rates'. By using this option for custom CSS buttons, the page is faster and more efficient because it does not require images to load. This is applicable for the reservation pages only, not the owner pages.
- Reset Availability
- The Reset Availability program located under the Night Audit or Day End menu will not longer have the option to use RDP DOS to the run the RDP995 program. Reset Availability will be exclusively in RDPWin. Currently, in RDPWin version 3.0, there is an option to use the Reset Availability program in RDPWin or use the 995 program in RDP DOS.
- Rate Payment Schedule
- Rate Payment Schedule allows a timeframe to be configured for when payments are due on reservations. This payment schedule is assigned to a rate. For example, for RACK rate, the rate first payment of 10% of the room charge is due on the booking date. The second payment of 30% of the room charge is due in the first month of arrival. The third payment of 30% is due on the second month, and the last payment of 30% is due in the 3rd month.
- There is no limit to the number of scheduled payments that are due. Select the Payment Schedule from the drop down on the Long Term Reservation screen when making a new reservation. If the rate plan has a rate payment schedule assigned, it will appear as the default schedule. Other rate payment schedules can be selected or the reservation can be set to None. Click into the Payment Schedule section to change dates or amount of the payment from the Amount Due or the Due Date fields. Both of these fields for each payment due can be changed manually. The reservation Payment Schedule tab displays the payment amount and when it is due. When the payment is taken, a prompt appears to apply the payment to long term rent. Selecting Yes will track the payment on the Payment Schedule tab as well as on the folio.
- If the reservation is a long term reservation, the rate payment schedule can be overridden on each reservation. Override the date and amount of each payment due by clicking into the Payment Schedule section and adjusting the information.
- Distinct G/L Account for Discount Rate Plans
- When a Discount Rate Plan is added or changed, a G/L account can be associated with that discount. Often times the discounted rate needs to be tracked using a different G/L account than the standard or non-discounted rate. It makes is easy to see how much discounted revenue is received. Use the G/L Acct field on the Discount Rate Plan screen and select or add a new G/L account for the discount. This overrides the G/L account that normally associated with the rate that was discounted.
- Discount Rate Splits into Gross and Discount GL Accounts
- The discount rate can be split into the gross rate GL account and the discount rate GL account. This allows tracking of how much the original revenue would have been before the discount and how much the actual revenue was with the discount. For example, the base rate is $100 going into GL account 40200 and a discount rate is applied to the base rate making the discount $90 assigned to GL account 40201. When the totals are generated, the 40200 is credited $100 for the base rate. The discount rate GL account 40300 is debited the different of the base minus the discount rate, which in this case is $-10. When both GL accounts are added, the total is $90. Both short term and long term rates can be split into the gross and discount GL accounts.
- To configure, set switch 425-29: Split Discounted Rate Plan into Two GL Accounts (Gross & Discount) to Yes. Create the Discount Rate Plan and assign the Base Rate, such as RACK. This calculates the amount of the base rate and places it into the base rate's GL account. This amount is the gross. Assign the Discount amount whether is it a dollar amount or a percent. This calculates the discount amount for the discount rate GL account. The discount amount is subtracted from the base rate. Then assign the GL account to the discount rate plan in the G/L Acct field.
- Split Rate Set
- The rate set can be split between two different G/L accounts. Assign a Split Rate Set to the rate and that Split Rate's G/L account will post the amount of rate, with the difference between the rates going to the main G/L account of the rate. For example, the rate set of $100 is created going to G/L account 40200 - Room Revenue. A rate set is of $40 is attached as the Split Rate Set. This rate is assigned to G/L - 40201 - Building Revenue. When posted, $40 is credited to the 40201 - Building Revenue, while difference of $60 is posted to the 40200 - Room Revenue account.
- To set up, add a new rate set or change an existing rate. Select the rate set in the Split Rate Set field for which to divide up the revenue. Note: the rate set must exist prior to adding it.
- The Report Scheduler allows reports to be configured to print or export automatically on a specified time interval. Configure the reports from the Reporter menu --> Configuration --> Scheduler tab. Click the Add Schedule button to create a group of reports, which can be run at the close of day, yearly, monthly, weekly, or daily. Create a schedule for all Night Audit reports, Front Desk reports, or any other group of reports to run automatically.
- Once the schedule has been created, click the Add Reports button to select the Crystal Reports to be included in that schedule. Each report can be configured to print or to be exported to Excel, Word, of PDF. Click the Get Parameters button in order for the program to retrieve the parameters used to run the report. Select the value of the parameter from the Value drop down. For example, if the Arrival report is selected, the parameter would be the Arrival Date parameter. The value is set to tomorrow so the arrival report will generate the arrival report for next day.
- If the reports are configured to print, a default printer can be selected. If the reports are configured to be exported, they are saved in the \RDP\RDP01\Export folder with the date in the YYMMDD format and the report name, i.e. 120430_Arrival1Date.
- The reports configured in the scheduler can be run at any time. To do so, go to the Reporter menu --> Scheduler. Place a check for each group of reports or expand the grid and select the individual reports. Click the Process Reports button. This will export or print the reports based on each reports configuration.
- Deposit Policy
- To configure the deposit policy go to the Reservations menu --> Configuration --> Deposit tab. The deposit configuration allows for multiple deposit policies. To add a deposit policy click the Add Rule. Determine when the first deposit will be collected and if a second deposit is required. The deposit rules can be configured for different reservation types, rooms types, groups, rate plan, and property code. A different deposit policy can also be configured for long term reservations.
- Click the Add Details button to enter the deposit amounts. Multiple deposit details can be added to a single rule. This allows for different deposits to be collected at different times throughout the year. For example, configure a deposit for summer reservations and one for winter reservations. Copy the deposit details from one rule to the other by clicking the Copy Details button.
- Global Post
- To post charges to all in-house and/or future reservations use the Global Post program. This feature is accessible from the Options on the left side of the reservation list. An arrival and departure date range can be chosen, and reservations within that range will be included in the global posting. Post to a certain reservation type such as paying guest or owner reservations, or post to all reservation types. Reservations associated with a group leader, group master, travel agent, or room type can be included in the posting. Select the transaction code from the entire list of In-House Guest Ledger transaction codes to post. Multiple transactions can be posted by clicking the Add to List button and selecting the next transaction code. Once the Review button is clicked, all reservations that meet the selected criteria will display with the charges. Click the Process button to complete the posting.
- Multiple Credit Cards
- More than one credit cad can be store on a single reservation. Enter the credit card information in the Credit Card field or at the time of payment. The system stores the encrypted credit card information and allows the guest to select which credit card to charge, authorize or refund at the time of the transaction. All credit card encryption rules still apply.
- Multiple Email Address
- Store more than one email address on the reservation. Click the More button next to the Email field on the reservation to add as many email addresses as needed, along with the email type. When sending email confirmations from RDPWin, select any of email addresses to send the confirmation.
- Second Security Deposit - Switch 425-32
- Reservations can have two security deposits, one for the room and another for incidentals like utilities. To enable this feature set switch 425-32 to Yes. The second security deposit uses transaction code B2SD and bucket S. Change the label of the second security deposit to "Utilities Deposit" or "Incidental Deposit," for example. To change this go to the System menu --> Configuration --> Custom Labels or right click on the label and select Change Caption.
- All screens that display the charge fields, the second security deposit will display below the security deposit field. To add this security deposit to a reservation, open the Change Reservation screen and enter the amount in the 2nd Security Deposit field.
- If the first or second security deposit exists at check-out, the reservation will be a P7, once checked-out. When charges are posted to a reservation with either security deposit, the system will prompt for which security deposit to deduct from. The refund security deposit option will also prompt for which security deposit to refund if both exist. If the security deposit is forfeited, the system posts a B2DK transaction code.
- Security Deposit Refund
- If there is a balance on any folio, the security deposit credit can be applied to the balance. This allows charges already existing on the folio to be paid by the security deposit. From the reservation, select Refund --> Refund Security Deposit --> if both security deposits are enabled, choose the correct security deposit for which to apply to the charges. On the Refund Security Deposit screen, enter the amount of the refund, if refunding all or part of the security deposit. Then select from the options to Apply Balance on: None-Keep Balances, Folio I, Folio A, or Folio B. The first folio with a balance is elected by default. If the balance on the folio and the refunded amount is less than the security deposit, a forfeit transaction will generate. Verify the amounts are correct, then click Save.
- Print Receipt for All Payment and Refund Types
- Receipts can be printed for all payment and refund types, not just credit card payments from Protobase or VRP. After the payment or refund is processed, the Continue With screen has the option to Print Receipt, or right click the payment transaction from the Folio tab and select Print Receipt. If the transaction is a Protobase or VRP transaction, the configured credit card receipt prints. If the credit card transaction is not a Protobase or VRP transaction, then a cash receipt prints. All other payment or refund types print the cash receipt. Cash receipts included: guest name, room number, folio number, arrival, departure, payment amount, payment method (cash, check, credit card, miscellaneous, or wire), date/time/ clerk, and a guest signature line.
- To configure the number of receipts that print for all payment types, go to the System menu --> Configuration --> Protobase or VRP (depending on the credit processing software used) --> in the Receipts section, enter the number of Receipts to Print for Thermal Printer or Dot Matrix Printer. The settings applies to all payment types, not just credit cards.
- Utility Billing
- Reservations can be billed for utilities used during the stay. For example, the electric meter on each unit can be recorded for usage and based on the kilowatt hour rate, the electric bill is calculated. To enable the Utility Billing features in RDPWin, go to the System menu --> Configuration --> System. Under the Utility Billing Default Configuration, select the transaction code for Electric, Water, or Gas Transaction Code. Enter the Fee and Rate for each that is going to be billed. At least one of these must have a transaction selected in order for the Utility Billing feature to be active. The transactions selected will be the default, however, it is possible to change when posting the utility charges.
- To post the utility bill, go to the in-house reservations by click the F7 In-House button. Select the Utility Billing from the Options on the left. Select the date of the meter reading, select the transaction if different from the default, and enter the amount of the kilowatt hour. Click the Display button to view all units in the system regardless of whether there are reservations in house or not. If a reservation is in house, it will display in the grid next the to Cost field. Enter the beginning and ending meter reading for each applicable unit and the charge will automatically calculate.
- The Save button will save the changes made the screen without posting the charges. Because the meter readings can take several days, enter the readings for the units that have been completed and return to this screen with the previous data saved. When all meter reading are complete, click the Bill Reservations button to post the transactions to the reservations.
- After the transactions have posted and the next meter readings are entered, the Beginning Reading field is populated with the Ending Reading from the previous time. This beginning reading can be overridden however.
- Search Guest History by Phone Number
- When searching for a guest in guest history, the record can be searched by the guest's phone number. The system will search for the number in Phone 1 first, and if not found, it will search Phone 2.
Reservations - Long Term
- Choice of Long Term Rates
- Select the Choice of Long Term Rates radio button located on the Reservation Configuration --> Long Term tab to allow rate choices for long term reservations. This switch allows rate plans to be configured as long term rates. When a new long term reservation is made, all long term rates plans are available to select.
- Recalculate Entire Stay when Rate Plan is Changed
- Select the Recalculate Entire Stay when Rate Plan is Changed box from the Reservation Configuration --> Long Term tab to enable the features where if a reservation's rate changed, the prior day's rates that have posted are reversed off and re-posted with the new rate.
- Create Daily Stats from Long Term Monthly Rent Transaction - Switch 425-28
- Check the When Adding to Statistics, Average the Monthly Rent to a Daily Amount box from the Reservation Configuration --> Long Term tab. The monthly rent transaction is posted to the folio on the first day, but the statistics show a daily posting for accurate ADR tracking. When set to No, then all statistical revenue for long term reservations appears on the first of the month.
- For more information about these long term reservation features, see Revenue Tracking.
- Always Pro-Rate Monthly Rent Base on 30 Days
- Set switch 425-37 to Yes to have RDPWin always pro-rate long term reservations based on 30 days, instead of the actual number of days within the month. If this switch is not set, the system looks at the actual number of days within the month for calculating the pro-rated rent.
- Buildings & Floors
- Set switch 419-22 to activate the Buildings and Floors function. This allows entire buildings or floors to be entered in RDP. Once added, attach rooms to the appropriate building and floor. This feature was designed to work in conjunction with the Enhanced Work Order module and allows work orders to be entered for these locations.
- First enter the building from the Building Analysis screen. Once the building has been added, enter the floors by clicking Add Floor button from the Building Analysis. Select the floor and click Add Room. A new room can be added or choose an existing room to attach to the building or floor.
- Physical Attributes Tab
- Included on the room master is the Physical Attributes tab that allows added and tracked on the master. These physical attributes can include things like the number of bathrooms, square footage, decor package, etc. The attribute categories are configurable from the tab on the master, as are the attribute choices. This feature is available when switch 419-22 is set to yes.
- Photos Tab
- Photos can be attached to the room master and displayed by clicking on the Photo tab. There are two options for photos, the Room Photo and Floor Plan Photo. Click the link on the tab to add or change the photo. The photos display immediately upon clicking the tab. This feature is available when switch 419-22 is set to yes.
- Exclude from Utility Billing
- Rooms/sites can be excluded from utility billing. Check the box Exclude from Utility Billing on the room/site master from the Masters menu --> Rooms --> Find. Any room/site with this box checked will not display on the Utility Billing screen.
- Generate Forecast
- The Generate Forecast program will run in using RDPWin. Currently, when clicking on the Generate Forecast option in RDPWin, the RDP DOS 920 is called to generate the forecast. This will be eliminated in RDPWin version 3.1 and the forecast will be generated using the RDPWin program.
- Menu Security | UI Security | Prevent Closing to Prior Day During Night Audit
- Set the fence level higher than the users' power level to prevent the day from being closed to a prior day in the Close Day program. Users whose power level is less than the fence level on this security setting will receive a warning that their security level is insufficient to proceed.
- Travel Agent Type
- Track the type of travel agent on the Travel Agent master in the Agent Type field. Configure the types from Table TT - Travel Agent Table from the System menu --> Table Maintenance. Enter the subrecord for each agent type, such as wholesaler, traditional travel agent, or internal agent. Once the Travel Agent Table is configured, select the appropriate agent type on the travel agent master record.
- Work Flow
- The Work Flow field on the work order shows the progress of the work order. Often times a work order remains open for various reasons such as waiting for a part or purchase order. This information can be tracked and updated on the work order. Buttons to add, edit, or delete work flow items are next to the Work Flow field. This features is available with the Enhanced Work Order module.
Click these links for Frequently Asked Questions or Troubleshooting assistance.
© 1983-2013 Resort Data Processing, Inc. All rights reserved.