The configuration option allows a custom setup of how the system works. If any configuration settings are directly connected to a system switch, that switch number is displayed on the Configuration screen. Configuration can be accessed using the Reservations main menu, the System main menu, or the Navigation page.
- Allow Preassign Reservations
- Check to allow reservations to be assigned a room at the time the reservation is made. When both Allow Preassign and Allow Inventory are UNCHECKED, the Paying Guest warns all users trying to access New Reservation --> Pay Guest that paying guest reservations have been disabled.
- Allow Inventory Reservations
- Check to allow reservations to be made without assigning a room number. When both Allow Preassign and Allow Inventory are UNCHECKED, the Paying Guest warns all users trying to access New Reservation --> Pay Guest that paying guest reservations have been disabled.
- Allow Multiple Folio Reservations (Group Master Reservations)
- Check to make Multiple Folio available as a New Reservation option. Multiple Folio reservations allow several reservations to be checked into the same room at the same time. The system uses Multiple Folio reservations for the "Dummy Group Leaders" in RDP DOS. Type "M" reservations do not affect availability, but they do allow charges to be posted, payments to be applied, reservations to be checked in and out, other reservations to be linked it, etc. For example, a property books a conference room for meetings and other functions. There may be more than one function in the conference room on a particular. Without using the Multiple Folio, only one reservation would able to book reservation in that room per day.
- Hide Quote Area
- Check to hide the entire quote area of the New Reservation screen. This includes the ability to view and add Folio Charges; view and change Daily Charges; and view, add, or clear activities. Most of these options are available from the Change screen; however, Add Folio Charges is not allowed. Complete the reservation and use the Folio Post Charge while the reservation is selected in the grid.
When hidden, the "Calculate Rates" button is available so reservationists can change rooms, nights, etc., and still be able to discuss rates with guests without the Quote feature. In this case, the changes made are not saved (temporarily or otherwise) when the Calculate Rates button is clicked again.
When the following switches are set to No, the Quote section is hidden regardless of the "Hide Quote Area" setting. Since rates are not calculate in these situation, quotes are not necessary. In this case, the Calculate Rates button is not displayed either.
- Switch 319-09 Calculate rates for Owner reservation.
- Switch 319-10 Calculate rates for Guest of Owner reservation.
- Switch 319-11 Calculate rates for Bonus Time owner reservation.
- Switch 319-12 Calculate rates for Exchange Week reservation.
- Switch 319-13 Calculate rates for Pre-assign Timeshare Owner.
- Switch 319-14 Calculate rates for Inventory Timeshare Owner.
- Switch 319-15 Calculate rates for reservations in Room Type N/R.
- Collapse Masters
- Check "Collapse Masters" to hide the section on the New Reservation screen where guest, group and travel agent masters are entered. Masters can still be added from the New Reservation screen by clicking the button next to master to expand.
- Use Individual Folios A & B (414-05)
- Check "Use Individual Folios A & B" (Switch 414-05) to display those folio types on reservations. This feature is useful for reservations that need a folio that separates charges. For example, a guest may request to have the room charges billed to one folio, while personal incidentals such as phone calls and restaurant charges billed to another. This feature also works with long term reservations.
- VRS: Hide Total Rate Override Field (414-36)
- See VRS Configuration for details.
- Non-VRS: Show Total Rate Override Field (414-37)
- See VRS Configuration for details.
- Always Search Guest History (414-47)
- When not checked and "Make Reservation" is clicked, the system always checks guest history when no guest history is selected on the New Reservation screen. A prompt is displayed "No guest history chosen. Find a guest from guest history now?". Click Yes to access the Find Guest History screen or No to proceed to the Change Reservation screen (final screen prior to saving new reservation). When checked, the system assumes the answer to the prompt is Yes and opens the Find Guest History screen.
- Never Search Guest History (415-70)
- When checked and "Make Reservation" is clicked, this skips the prompt "No guest history chosen. Find a guest from guest history now?". The guest history record can still be added from the Change Reservation screen.
- Don't Prompt to View Past Guest History Reservations(416-69)
- If this configuration switch is checked, the system will skip the dialog box Past & Future Reservations Exist after the guest history record is selected on the New Reservation screen. If the guest history record has future reservations attached to it, the reservationist will be still be prompted to view future reservations. The prompt is not available if the guest history record is added from the Change Reservation screen.
- Initial Number of Nights
- Select the number of nights to display in New Reservation screen in the Nights field. This is only a default, and can be adjusted based on the actual number of nights or arrival and departure dates for the reservation.
- Default Rate Plan Type
- Set the default rate plan type to be used on the New Reservation screen, Yield Mgmt., and Available Rooms screens. The rate plan type can be set to show Room Only Plans, Packages, Best Available Rates, Rate Plan Patterns or All.
- Default Rate Plan
- Select the rate plan from the drop down to be the default rate for new reservations. The default should be to the rate plan that is This is a default setting only, and can be changed based on the appropriate rate plan needed for the reservation.
- Discount Rate Rounding
- Discount Rate Plans can be rounded to the nearest dollar, dime or penny by selecting the option from the drop down in the New Res Options section. The default setting for this switch is Dollar. The rounding applies to all Discount Rate Plans throughout the system.
- Type for Res for "F5 - New"
- Select from the drop down to designate the type of to be made when the F5 key is pressed or the F5 button clicked. For example, a property may not make Paying Guest reservations, but rather Timeshare Owner Reservation. Actual choices available in the drop down are based on the configuration of the system. This configuration should be set to whatever type of reservation is made most often to best utilize the shortcut.
- Default Guest Type
- Select a default guest type for new reservations. Once the new reservations is filed, a guest history record is automatically created. Guest types can be created in the CA - Guest Type Validation table.
- Block Reservations for this Guest Type
- Flag unwanted guests by selecting the guest type from the drop down. If a guest history record is assigned this guest type and reservation is made for that guest, the system will provide a warning message and not allow the reservation to be completed. The most common type for Block Reservations for this Guest Type is DNR - Do Not Rent. See Do Not Rent How To instructions on how to configure.
- Configure Minimum Stay (Link)
- Click the "Configure Minimum Stay" link to access the "Minimum Nights" configuration screen and allow the entry of minimum nights for a specific room type. When a change is made and the Save button clicked, the files affected by the change display in a green hue. Any thresholds set higher than zero (0) are highlighted with a yellow hue.
- When Use Minimum Night Stay By Room Type (Switch 415-11) is set to No and the Display button is clicked on the "Minimum Nights by Room Type" screen, the system prompts and allows the switch to be turned on without having to close the screen and go to Switches.
- Room Type
- When Room Type is set to All, a system-wide minimum nights record can be configured. The "All" configuration replaces Table QZ in RDPWin. The system checks the minimum nights setting, and uses the first setting found in the following order: room number, then the room type, and then the All room type setting.
- Enter or select the starting month for which to display the minimum stay. An additional twelve months from the selected will display on the screen.
- Click to populate the minimum night settings for the months specified.
- Start and End Date
- Select the Start Date and End Date for the minimum night setting. For example, set the Start Date to 05/01/11 and End Date to 07/31/11, set Minimum to 3, and check the Friday checkbox. All dates between May 1st and July 31, 2011 that occur on a Friday will be updated to a minimum of 3 nights when the Update button is clicked.
- Set the minimum number of nights within a date range based on Start and End Date fields. For example, set the Start Date to 06/15/11 and End Date to 09/10/11, set Minimum to 4, and check the All checkbox in the Day of the Week section. All dates between June 15 and September 10, 2011 will be updated to a 4 night minimum when the Update button is clicked.
- Day of the Week
- Select the appropriate checkbox(es) for days of the week to update the minimum nights. For example, to set all weekend nights from May 1, 2011 to September 1, 2011 to a minimum of 2 nights, check the Friday and Saturday checkboxes. All dates between May 1st and September 1, 2011 will be updated to a minimum of 2 nights for any reservation containing a Friday or Saturday when the Update button is clicked.
RDPWin checks for minimum night stay in the following order:
- Use Min Nights From Room (Switch 414-63) is checked and there is a room number on the reservation, the system checks the Min Nights setting on the on the room master.
- When Use Minimum Night Stay By Room Type (Switch 415-11) is set to Yes, RDPWin checks the room type for the minimum night stay, and the Yield Management screen shows a "Min Stay" column in the group block area. When the minimum nights for the room type has been reached, the number displays in red. Hover the mouse over the number to view detail for each night.
For the IRM, Table C2 is checked for that room type when the switch is off. The new minimum nights by room type by date is used when the switch is off.
- When the minimum nights settings are appropriate on both the room master and room type, then the system-wide (Room Type = All) minimum nights is checked.
- For properties with owners (Condominium Owner Accounting Module R3 installed), Switch 425-17 controls if owner and guest of owner reservations check the Minimum Stay. When Switch 425-17 is on, the check for these reservation types does not occur, which allows any length of stay at any time. When Switch 425-17 is off, the owner and guest of owner reservations have the same check as a paying guest.
- Configure Overbooking Threshold (Link)
- Click the Configure Overbooking Thresholds link on the Configuration | New Res tab to access the Overbooking Threshold screen.
For configuration assistance within Availability, click here.
- Number of Rate Plans to Display
- Click the up or down arrow to select a number between 1 and 20 to set the default setting for controlling the number of rate plans that display at a time in the grid.
- Display Only Current Rate Plan Initially
- Checked by default, only one rate plan is initially displayed in the middle rate plan section. If the navigation buttons (|<, <, >, or >|) are used to view more plans, then the Number of Rate Plans to Display is used to page through additional rate plans just as if the "Display Only current Rate Plan Initially" box were unchecked.
- Display Column with Rooms Available for the Entire Stay
- As shown in the Availability Grid, the Rooms column displays the actual number of rooms available by room type. When not checked, the Rooms column is not displayed.
- Hide Column Headings on the Rate Plan Grid
- Check to turn off the column headers for the Rate Plan display. Since both the current rates and room type availability have the column headers, users may not want to show them on the rate plan grid.
- Hide Invalid Rate Plans (Switch 414-27)
- When checked and if a rate plan row is invalid, then this rate plan is not displayed. Be aware that this may slow down the Yield Management screen since even invalid rate plans must still be processed to determine validity in the first place. For example, the system might process 15 rate plans just to show the one valid rate plan (assuming only one is valid). This is still faster than paging through the 15 invalid rate plans 5 at a time.
When checked, there are two conditions: "one rate plan" mode or many rate plans. If in "one rate plan" mode, the screen only changes if the rate plan being displayed is invalid. In this case, the next valid rate plan is displayed. If many rate plans are displayed, then the screen is refreshed and any invalid rate plans are not shown but replaced by a valid rate plan, based on the sequence number of the rate plan. For long stays, this process may take some time.
When unchecked (default setting), the Yield Management screen displays shows all rate plans - regardless of validity. The rates are refreshed if not in "one rate plan" mode.
Total Charges Grid Rate Plan Grid Availability Grid Committed Totals Grid
Add Room Options
- Prompt for Reservation Type When Adding a Room (Switch 429-09)
- When checked, the system prompts the user to select a reservation type after the Add Room option has been selected. Depending on the reservation type selected in the grid, the prompt allows selection of Preassign, Inventory, Special or Multiple.
- When Adding a Room to an 'M' type Reservation, Use Reservation Type ...
- Reservation types available in the drop-down are Prompt, Inventory, Preassign, Special and Multiple. If Prompt is selected and the Add Room accessed with "M" type reservation selected, the system prompts for the type of reservation to be created. If any one of the other (Inventory, Preassign, or Multiple) options is selected, the system uses the value selected in the drop-down and does not prompt for a change.
- Change Color
- Click on any color label to access the color chart in order to make changes. Custom colors can be designed and selected using the "Define Custom Colors" button. Select the desired color for the reservation type selected and click OK. Click Cancel to abandon the color change and return to the configuration screen. This setting is system wide and not user-by-user.
- When any color changes are made and BEFORE saving the changes on the Tape Chart configuration tab, click the Defaults button to return the Tape Chart colors to the original (RDP installation colors) setting. This setting is system wide and not user-by-user.
- Define Weekend Days
- Weekend days display with a different background color (when no reservation is booked). Select either Friday/Saturday or Saturday/Sunday (default) as the two room nights to show in a different background color. This setting is system wide and not user-by-user.
Note: When the Weekend setting is updated while the Tape Chart is displayed, the user must exit the Tape Chart (go to ANY other screen in the system) and return to the Tape Chart before the update takes effect.
Sat/Sun Setting Fri/Sat Setting
The system is designed to rotate room rentals among all owners so revenue is spread equally. Specific guest requests for room types or rooms may affect the rotation and the ability to ensure that all rooms are rented for an equal number of nights.
- Sort By - Last Used
- By selecting this radio button, a room that is booked is then placed at the bottom of the available rooms list, leaving the room that has been available for the longest period next to select. This allows a property to even out revenue distribution and the wear and tear on a room.
- Sort By - Room Number (Default) (Switch 109-08)
- Set the "Display Sequence to Room Number" to display availability in room number order. If a room type is selected, then the rooms within that type are listed in order.
- Sort By Occupied Nights
- (Supersedes Switch 109-08) The "Occ Nts" column is sorted in ascending order to show the number of nights occupied during the arrival month (excluding maintenance reservations). Use this switch if room rotation is based on the number of nights a room is booked per month.
- Sort By Best Fit
- (Supersedes Switch 109-08) The "Fit" column is sorted in ascending order. This column has either and A, B, C or D as a value. A is the best fit and D is the least best fit as determined by back to back reservations on the arrival and departure date. By selecting this radio button, the rooms show in order of A-D.
- Rotate Rooms for Res Types...
- Control rotation of rooms for Owner, Guest of Owner, and Maintenance reservation types. Select Owner to affect Switch 414-19 or Guest of Owner to affect Switch 414-20 and include just one reservation type in the rotation. Select Both to set Switch 423-11 and include Owners and Guest of Owner reservations.
- Housekeeping Comment Label
- Enter any text up to 30 characters to replace the default "Housekeeping Comment" text on both the Available Rooms and the Room Master screen.
- Display Rooms Immediately
- Checked by default, the rooms are displayed upon access of the Available Rooms screen. When unchecked, no rooms are displayed until the "Display Rooms" button is clicked to allow for filters to be set before getting the rooms.
- Hide Rooms When Filtered
- When the Hide Rooms When Filtered box is checked, users can sort request columns using the grid filters or guest preferences to display only available rooms that meet that filter criteria. When the box is not checked in this same circumstance, rooms will display together in the grid as grayed out or inactive.
- Show Occupied Nights Column
- When checked, the Available Rooms screen displays the Occ Nts column. When the Owner Billing module (R3) is installed, this field defaults to checked.
Review the number of nights occupied for each room on the available rooms display in order to rent the room with the least nights to equalize rentals for owners. The occupied nights is the number of nights occupied for the month in which the arrival date of the reservation falls. An occupied night is any reservation except a maintenance reservation. These include all paying guests, guest of owner, owner and timeshare reservations. Click on the column header to sort by the occupied nights. If this column is not visible and configuration is set to show it, right-click and select Reset Grid Layout. Checked-out reservations ARE considered when tallying occupied nights for a room, but maintenance reservations are not.
- Hide "Show Occupied" Checkbox
- When checked, the Show Occupied checkbox is not displayed on the Available Rooms screen.
- Check Contract Dates (Switch 414-03)
- Check to enable the Check Contract Dates feature (only if module R3 is installed). When enabled, the following occurs:
- When making a new reservation or changing room numbers, if Contract Start and End dates exist for a room and the check contract dates feature has been enabled, the available rooms listing does not include rooms that have a rental contract outside the reservation date range. If no contract dates are
specified at all for a room, it is included in the available rooms list.
- When changing a reservation date or adding a sharewith, if Contract Start and End dates exist for the room and the check contract dates feature has been enabled, the reservation dates are verified to confirm they are within the rental contract dates.
- When making a reservation on the Tape Chart, if you choose dates outside the room’s rental contract dates and the check contract dates feature is enabled, the system prompts with a message indicating that the reservation dates are not within the contract dates. If no contract dates are specified at all for a room, all dates are open for reservations.
- Use Min Nights From Room (Switch 416-63)
- RDPWin has always handled checking for a minimum night stay by using Table QZ, which has a minimum night stay for each day of the year. When a reservation is for three nights, then each night in the QZ table is checked and the lowest minimum of the three nights is used to allow or disallow the reservation. This check is for all rooms and room types.
When checked, specify a minimum stay for each room (master). To implement this switch:
When Switch 414-63 is checked, the system reviews the room first. If there is no problem, the system then checks Table QZ to make sure there are no system-wide conflicts. When this feature is on, a "Min Nts" column is added to the Available Rooms grid.
- Check the "Use Min Nights from Room" (Switch 414-63).
- Enter the minimum number of nights in the Min Nights field on the Room Detail tab.
- Check Room Type Availability (Switch 416-07)
- When checked, the inventory column "Inv" displays next to the Room Type column. A red "I" displays to indicate that the availability of that room type has been oversold even though the actual room is available on the Tape Chart. This can occur when group blocks are being used to reserve room types, which leaves the rooms of that type available according to the Tape Chart.
When checked, guests who have arrived but awaiting a clean room are tracked. This allows the guest to use the facility even though the room is not ready. This feature adds a Waiting column and a Waiting Only filter to the Arrivals list. The front desk can prioritize assigning clean rooms based on the Waiting flag.
In addition to those listed/configured below, payment using points may also be configured using the CRM/Configuration/Points Payments tab.
- Default Payment Option
- Set the Default Payment Option using Switch 423-13 for guests checking in. Select None, Payment, or Authorize Credit Card. If Payment is selected, the ability to set the Default Method of Payment is enabled.
- Default Method of Payment
- Enabled only when Default Payment Option is set to Payment, select Credit Card, Check, or Cash as the a default method for payment for reservations checking in. Changing the method of payment is also available at the Check-In screen. If Default Payment Option set to None or Authorize Credit Card, this method default is disabled.
- Add to Authorization Amount / Authorization Default
- Designate the amount to be authorized at the time of deposit/payment. This amount is added to any reservation deposit. If no extra amount is to be added to the authorization, select the Off radio button to authorize only for the default amount (balance due/payment due/deposit due), and then enter the numeric value into the text box.
Use the Dollar Amount or Percentage radio buttons to define how the amount is to be calculated. For example, when this amount is set to $50 and a reservation has a balance due of $100, then the authorization defaults to $150 on the Payment screen. When using a percentage such as 10% and the reservation has a balance due of $100, the authorization amount at check-in defaults to $110 when Authorize Credit Card is selected.
- Allow Bill Charges to Owner on Preassign Reservations
- When checked, "Bill Charges to Owner" is an option for P-type reservations. Billing charges to owners is always available for O-type and G-type reservations.
- Prompt to Print Registration Card During Check-In
- When checked and the Check-In button is clicked, the system prompts to print the registration card.
- Crystal Report
- This field contains the Crystal Report used to print registration cards. The default setting is "FrontDesk\RDPRegCardByResNum.rpt". To customize, copy this report to a new file and modify the copy as needed. Once the modifications to the copy have been completed, change the report name to the modified copy.
- Default Printer
- Click the down-arrow to select a default printer to be used when printing Registration Cards. If blank, the reg card will print to the Windows default printer.
- Include Reservations with Balance Due in Check-In All Arrivals Option
- When checked, reservations with a folio balance greater than zero are checked in during the mass check-in process. When not checked, reservations with a balance due are skipped during the mass check-in process but can still be checked in individually.
- Include N/R Room Types in Check-In All Arrivals Option
- When checked, rooms configured as non-rental rooms (N/R in the room type field) are checked in during the mass check-in process. When not checked, non-rental rooms are skipped during the mass check-in process.
- Include Maintenance Reservations in Mass Check-In
- When checked, maintenance reservations are checked in during the mass check-in process. When not checked, maintenance reservations are skipped during the mass check-in process.
The Direct Check-out (Check-in not allowed) box is disabled. Please contact RDP Support for more information about turning the Direct Check-out feature on or off.
- Password for Checking Out with Balance Due (System Setting C1BALREQ)
- Entering a password into the text box titled Password for Checking Out with Balance Due will require the user to enter a password before allowing a reservation with a balance due to be checked out without taking a payment.
- Transfer Group Master Balance to City Ledger at Check-Out (Switch 422-14)
- When checked (default setting) and a group reservation with a balance checks out, the balance is transferred to the City Ledger (group master) for later billing. When unchecked and a group reservation with a balance checks out, the group balance remains on the reservation. Once the group sends payment, each reservation must be manually accessed and a payment processed. As part of this setting, "Allow payment to group balance on reservation (422-10)" is disabled and checked when "Transfer Group Master Balance to City Ledger at Check-Out" is unchecked. When both switches are checked, either a payment can be processed or the balance can be transferred at the time of check-out.
- Allow Payment to Group Master Balance (Switch 422-10)
- Unchecked by default, this switch works together with Switch 422-14. When "Transfer Group Master Balance to City Ledger at Check-Out (Switch 422-14)" is unchecked, then "Allow Payment to Group Master Balance (Switch 422-10)" is checked and disabled (cannot be changed). See Switch 422-14 for more detail.
- Enable Mass Check-Out
- Check to enable Mass Check-Out in Reservation Options and the display of the Check-Out Departures button at the bottom of the Check-Out screen. When that option or button is selected, all guests scheduled to depart on the current system date can be checked out all at once. For more assistance with this topic, please see Mass Check-Out Options.
- Include Reservations with Balance Due in Mass Check-Out
- When unchecked and a Reservation has a balance due to the property or Agent #1, the system skips those reservations. When checked, then only the reservations with a balance due to Agent #1 are skipped. Administrators can restrict this ability by setting a password for security.
- Include N/R Room Types in Mass Check-Out
- Some properties rent things that are not rooms, such as cars, boats, etc. When checked, the system prompts to include these items in the mass check-out process.
- If the N/R Room is actually a non-rental room such as a conference room, that conference room is checked out and considered available.
- If the N/R Room is actually a golf cart (or other such non-room item), the system checks it out and consider it available for renting.
- Some properties may wish to enter the room reservation as a group leader reservation and the N/R Room as a group member reservation. In that case, the system checks out the group member and marks the item no longer in use and available for renting, and the group leader reservation.
- Include Maintenance Reservations in Mass Check-Out
- When checked, maintenance reservations are checked out during the Mass Check-Out process.
- When Transferring the Balance During Check-Out of a Secondary Owner...
- Check to select the default owner for which to transfer: (1) the current Z type owner on the reservation, or (2) the primary owner for this room. The primary owner is defined as the owner that owns the room and is not a Type Z owner. There should only be one primary owner. However, unlimited secondary owners (Type Z) are allowed.
For example, assume Owner 102 is the primary and Owner 102B is a Type Z (secondary) owner of the room. When set to primary owner, Owner 102 is selected in the Choose Owner field on the Check-Out screen. When set to current owner, Owner 102B is selected in the Choose Owner field since he is the current owner on the reservation. In both situations, use the drop-down to select another owner. This setting simply sets the default on the Check-Out screen. When transferring a balance for a non-Type Z owner, the primary and only owner is displayed on the Check-Out screen as the recipient of the charges and cannot be changed regardless of the setting in configuration.
Control the default settings for all Folio printing. Custom folios should be created with a different name than the standard report to prevent RDPWin updates from overriding custom reports.
Maintain Activity Filters 1 - 9. Filters are definable by property. Activity filters help sort and narrow down the activity selection. Filters could include a filter for location, cuisine, age group, etc. Use the age group filter to display all Activities strictly for seniors
or adults only.
- Add Filter Value
- Click the Add button on the Activity Filters form to add an additional line to the Filter Values grid. Enter a three-character value using numbers or letters or both. Enter a 30-character description. Click Save when all changes have been made.
- Delete Filter Value
- Select the desired row for deletion, right-click, and choose "Delete Selected Row".
Maintain batch Activity items (VP Table). Click "Add Batch Code" or Add Batch Item. Select any row and click Select or double-click to open the Activity Batch Item screen.
- Add Batch Code
- Click to enter parameters for new batch code.
- Add Batch Item
- Click to enter parameters for new batch item. Batch items are those with a batch code and a additional four characters listed under any two-character batch code within the grid.
- Batch Code
- Batch Codes consist of two characters used to group items within the VP table (the table of Activity items). For example, Batch Code BF is for breakfast. All breakfast Activity items are listed under this batch code such as BF0001=Continental Breakfast, BF0005=Buffet Breakfast, and BF0010=Full Breakfast.
- Component Number
- Component number is used to charge a reservation for the activity. For example, a property may want to use a component to set up a seasonal rate to charge more for a conference room on weekends verses weekdays or holidays.
- Details of the Activity item.
- Direct Charge
- Indicates items not associated with an activity.
- Filter Values
- See Filter Values for detail.
- Item Number
- Sub-records consist of a two-letter batch code and four characters used to group items within the VP table (the table of activity items). In RDPWin's demo files, Sub-record BF is for breakfast. All breakfast activity items are listed under this batch code such as BF0001=Continental Breakfast, BF0005=Buffet Breakfast, and BF0010=Full Breakfast.
- Minimum and Maximum Days
- When entering activities into the system, set minimum and maximum days to restrict use. For example, a ticket for two days of ski lessons should have the minimum days set to two.
- People Category
- RDPWin multiplies the Activity rate by the number of people in the reservation's people category for the specific people categories selected for the Activity. For example, assume Categories 1, 2, 3, and 4 are defined as Adult, Teen, Child, and Seniors respectively. Mr. and Mrs. John Martin have a reservation for a two-bedroom that sleeps five people. The people category in the reservation is set to Adult=2, Teen=0, Child=3, Seniors=0. The Martins want rent bikes for all. All rental bike people categories are set to "Show for People" Adult, Teen, Child, and Senior. The final outcome would be that the system would book bikes and charge the rental rate times five. Five people would rent five bikes at $5 each for a total of $25. If the "Show for People" was set to Adult only, then the five bikes would only cost $10 or $5 for each adult (children would be no charge).
- Show on IRM
- Check to display the selected Activity Batch on the IRM list of activities.
- The codes in the Sub-record column represent Batch Code + Component.
- Transaction Code
- Select the appropriate transaction type to be added from the drop-down list. The same 2-character transaction code can be used in multiple ledgers such as B2(Guest Ledger) and B3(Group Ledger). For example, a "Banquet charge" can be posted to both folios and group master accounts. Therefore, transaction code 25 is defined in both the B2 and B3 ledgers as Banquet Charge. System Administrator: Use Transactions | Add/Change/Delete on the Accounting menu to define transaction codes.
- Show for People Categories
- Select one or more categories to associate the selected activity batch. For more information, see People Category.
When checked, the "Direct Charge" checkbox on the Activity Batch Item screen is enabled which is accessed by either selecting an existing activity item or by clicking the "Add Batch Item" button. This allows users to post additional charges to the guest without having to access the Post Charge screen so common charges display along with activities which are posted from the same screen. When not checked (default setting), the "Direct Charge" field is disabled.
Maintain package Activity items (VZ Table).
- Add Group Code
- Click to enter additional Group Codes to the system. Click Save when done or Close to abandon the addition.
- Disable the "Add Activity Detail" Screen when Adding an Activity
- To disable the display of the Add Activity Detail screen, check the box associated with "Disable the 'Add Activity Detail' screen when adding an activity". With the Add Activity screen open and this box checked in configuration, the "Add Activity Detail" screen does not display when the Display and Add Activity buttons are clicked (in that order) or an activity is double-clicked in the grid. Instead, the selected activity is added to the "Activities to be Saved" list. When a "folio only" charge is selected, the Add Charge is still displayed.
- Prompt for "Include in Package" When Adding a New Activity
- When "Disable the 'Add Activity Detail' screen" is checked, the "Prompt for Include in Package..." is enabled. When checked, the system prompts with "Include the selected activity in package?". Otherwise, the system proceeds to add the activity without further question. This setting is property specific.
- Default Response to "Include in Package" Prompt
- When "Disable the 'Add Activity Detail' screen" is checked, "Default 'Include in Package' prompt to" is enabled. When prompted, either the Yes or the No button is set as the default to the prompt to allow the user to just hit the Enter key on the keyboard instead of clicking one or the other. It is set to No by default. This setting is property specific.
- Do Not Show Filter Warning When Filters Have Not Been Set
- Turn off the display of the "No filters set" warning. Check the "Do not show filter warning when filters have not been set" checkbox to display Vendors/Activities without setting the filters and flashing a warning.
- Default "Same as Start Date" as Checked
- Checks to set the "Same as Start Date" checkbox on the Add Activities screen as checked by default. When checked, the End date field is disabled. To enable the End date field, manually uncheck the box on the Add Activities screen. The next time the Add Activities screen is accessed the "Same as Start Date" box is still checked as long as the Configuration setting is checked. A manual override is only effective for a single access. For details, see Add Activities.
- Allow Hiding Activities w/ Zero Price
- When "Allow hiding activities with zero price" is checked, a "Hide $0 activities" checkbox is displayed on the Add Activities screen and is checked by default.
- Crystal Report
- Enter or click Browse to navigate to the Reports10\Vendor folder and select the default Crystal Report for the itinerary.
- Default Printer
- Select a default printer from the drop-down table for printing the Itinerary reports. If not printer is selected, it will print to the default Windows printer.
Configure the labels for the "Other Charges" buckets.
These can be used for various categories such as "special cleaning fee",
"booking fee" or "travel insurance". Most vacation rental customers want to quote a room rate and then other
fees in these five new totals.
Other charges can be a flat fee, a percent of room charge or a percent of total charges. All are based on a component. When a flat fee for all seasons, room types, and room numbers is needed, then a component must be added for room type "ALL". The varying Other Charge components are defined using the Rate Component Maintenance screen but is assigned to the other charge on the Other Charges configuration screen.
System Administrators: click configure Other Charges for steps.
Also see Taxes for tax category information.
The Long Term tab displays differently based on system switch settings. Provided none of Switches C1HABIT, C1LT, or C1MONTH are set to yes, the system offers a standard long term reservation system. For additional long term configuration options, see RDPWin Knowledge Base Article 27.
Also see Taxes for tax category information.
- Default Printer for This Workstation
- Select an available printer to where all statement reports shall be printed by default such as a printer in the accounting administrative offices.
- Default Statement Report
- Enter or browse to the default statement report to defined which statement is used when e-mailing long term statements.
- Enter a valid e-mail address to be used as the default From e-mail address when emailing long term statements. This address is also where any reply e-mails from those receiving the long term statements are received.
- Enter a valid e-mail address to be used as the default carbon copy e-mail address when emailing long term statements.
- Default Blind CC E-mail
- Enter a valid e-mail address to be used as the default blind carbon copy e-mail address when emailing long term statements. The recipient is not made aware of any copy sent to the address in the "BCC" field.
- Enter or view the default subject matter for the selected e-mail Confirmation Type. The Subject can be entered/changed on an individual confirmation basis if desired. If left blank, the e-mail is sent without text in the Subject line unless entered individually. See Add Res# to Subject for more detail.
- Always Add Reservation Number to Subject
- When checked, the reservation number for each reservation is automatically added to the Subject line of long term Statement e-mails. The Res# can be entered/changed on an individual confirmation basis if desired. When not checked, the reservation number is not included.
Configure the rules for calculating Deposit 1 and Deposit 2. RDPWin automatically calculates the "Requested Deposit Amounts" and "Requested Deposit Dates".
Configure the deposit calculation to be based on the First Night's Room Rate. Set the value of the "Calculated on" drop-down to "First Night's Room Rate".
Most properties that want to collect the first night's room rate want to collect the amount as Deposit 1 and not collect anything else for Deposit 2. To configure this, Click the "Add Length of Stay" button to add a row to the grid. Set the "Nights" column to "1", the "% for Deposit 1" to 100%, and save.
Note: When issuing a refund for a reservation with SDP, the SDP amount is subtracted from the refund amount prior to processing, since SDP is non-refundable.
Configure the deposit calculation to be based on the Nightly Room Rate and either include or exclude the tax amount from the calculation.
When "Calculated on" is set to Nightly Room Rate, users can select the number of room nights upon which to base the deposit and if to include tax in the room rate. Also as part of the calculation, a mark-up percentage can also be applied to the total of the room nights and whether or not to include the tax as part of the mark-up calculation.
Using the above settings, if the first night's rate is $194 and the tax on the rate is $13.58, then the deposit is calculated as:
Room Rate: 194.00
Room Tax : 13.58
Markup on room rate portion only : 194.00 * .03 = 5.82
Total Deposit: 207.58 + 5.82 = $213.40
- Configure deposits based on the number of nights within the stay. For example, enter 1 in the Nights column to configure the deposit amount for a one-night stay. Enter 3 to configure the amount for a three-night or longer stay. If two rows are defined: (1) for a one-night or longer stay and (2) for three-nights or more, then the deposit amount for a two-night stay would be based on the one-night or longer rules.
- Percent 1 and 2
- Set the percentages for calculating the deposit amount. For example, assume a property has the following rules for calculating a deposit amount: (1) When making a one-night reservation, the deposit is 100% of the entire stay, and (2) when making a two or more night reservation within 30 days of arrival, the deposit is 100% of the entire stay. Otherwise, 50% of the total charges is due four days from today with the remaining balance due 30 days prior to the arrival date. To set up our example, follow these steps:
- In Deposit 1 Date Calculation, select Today from the "Based On" drop-down
- In Deposit 1 Date Calculation, set "Number of Days" to 4.
- In Deposit 2 Date Calculation, select Arrival from the "Based On" drop-down.
- In Deposit 2 Date Calculation, set "Number of Days" to 30.
- Click the Add Nights button.
- In the new row, enter 1 in the Nights column and 100% for both percent columns.
- Click Add Nights again.
- In the new row, enter 2 in the Nights column and 50% for Percent 1 and 100% for Percent 2.
- Starting and Ending
- Indicate the arrival date range the percentages should be applied.
- Final Due
- Set a date to override the Deposit 2 Date Calculation. For example, a property might have the following rules:
- When making a one or two-night reservation, the deposit is equal to one-night stay with any remaining balance due upon arrival.
- When making a three-night or more reservation, if the arrival date is on or between December 15th and January 4th the deposit is 50% of the total charge due four days from today with the remaining balance due by Thanksgiving Day. For all other three-night or more reservations, the deposit is 1/3 the total charge with the remaining due upon arrival.
- To format these rules using the DataCCS files, following these steps:
- In the Deposit 1 Data Calculation, select Today from the "Based On" drop-down.
- In the Deposit 1 Data Calculation, set "Number of Days" to 4.
- Click the Add Nights button.
- In the new row, enter 1 in the Nights column, 100% for the Percent 1 column and 0% for the Percent 2 column.
- Click the Add Nights button.
- In the new row, enter 2 in the Nights column, 50% for the Percent 1 column and 0% for the Percent 2 column.
- Click the Add Nights button.
- In the new row, enter 3 in the Nights column, 34% for the Percent 1 column and 0% for the Percent 2 column.
- Click the Add Nights button.
- In the new row, enter 3 in the Nights column, 50% for the Percent 1 column, 100% for the Percent 2 column, 12/15/1998 in the Starting Column, 01/04/1999 in the Ending Column, and 11/24/1998 in the Final Due column.
- In this example, the first row in the grid calculates the deposit for a one-night reservation to be equal to the total cost of the entire stay. The second row calculates the deposit for a two-night reservation to be half the total cost. The third row calculates the deposit for a three-night or more reservation to be equal to 1/3 of the total cost of the stay. The fourth row calculates the deposit for a three-night or more reservation that has an arrival date between 12/15/1998 and 01/04/1999 to be equal to 50% for the total cost with a second deposit due on Thanksgiving (11/24/1998) that is equal to the remaining balance for the reservation.
Click the Daily Charges tab to add, change, and delete charges to be
posted to reservations for each day of the stay. RDPWin allows up
to four daily charges, and each of those charges can have up to 10
transaction codes associated with it.
When a daily charge is turned on for a reservation, those transaction codes are charged to a reservation at the same time room charges are being posted automatically. All associated transactions are posted to the reservation once a day. If a customer is posting nightly (non-VRS customers), then the total amount of the charges show on future reservation folios as pre-posted. Once that reservation is checked in, those charges are removed from the folio posted each day using the Post Nightly Charges function. If the customer is using direct checkout, then the total amount of all daily charges remains on the reservation and are posted in a bulk fashion.
Configure all the fields found in Table PC which are displayed in the people drop-downs on the reservation screens. The people configuration, unique by property, allows setting the min/max/defaults and descriptions for each people classification. The min/max in the people configuration simply controls the numbers displayed in the people drop downs, which is saved on the reservation. The people settings should typically be the maximum amount of people all allowed for the largest room type. If the max is zero for any of the people categories, it defaults to 15.
Maintain guest preferences. This configuration ties the short description of the request category (stored in Table C8, Sub-record 01) and the long description and values (stored in Table F1) together. The tab offers a Condition column (which is stored in Table C8, sub-record 02). Check the next sequential In Use checkbox to add a preference. Enter the short and long description, set the condition, and enter the values to be displayed in the preference drop-down lists throughout the system.
Check box for In Use, enter Short and Long Descriptions, and select the
Condition. Click Change Values to open the Change Preferences form to
enter the values to be displayed in the preference list. For example,
consider a recreational vehicle (RV) park as the customer and sorting by
slip rental length is needed:
Review features available in RDPWin that may affect the legacy RDP-DOS functions. In this sample screen, Other Charges and Travel Services (Vacation Protection and Security Deposit Protection) are in use for RDPWin and affect reservations with Other Charges in RDP-DOS.
Add and maintain denial reasons. When no reasons exist, the system does not prompt for a reason even if the Denial Tracking Module RW is installed and rates are calculated or a quote created. At least one reason must be configured for the denial tracking process to function.
The Room Calendar screen was designed to display reservations for selected rooms in a traditional calendar format. This screen can be accessed from the Reservations main menu or by using the shortcut Alt+F9. Each colored bar on the calendar represents a reservation for that room. By hovering the mouse over a reservation, the guest's name, contact information, reservation number and dates are displayed. A single left click on the reservation will bring up the detail in a read-only view. A different colored calendar can show for each room selected, or merge all calendars into one with the reservations displaying as a different colored bars signifying the different rooms. Reservation colors are non-configurable. The calendar has a date range for viewing reservations one year in the past to three years into the future. Note: This feature was specifically designed for New Jersey Motor Sports Park. Contact RDP Support for more information.
The IRM.Net calendar page will display availability and bookings for up to 4 selected rooms in a traditional calendar view. The calendar page can be accessed from the following link: http://<server>/irmnet/res/calendar.aspx . Customizable files for information on the page can found on the IRM server c:\inetpub\wwwroot\irmnet\Custom\<server>\rdp<xx>\usertext\Calendar1.htm and Calendar2.htm. Calendar1.htm appears at the top of the page, while Calendar2.htm is at the bottom.
Click here for instruction on how to Save, Reset, and Close forms.
Last Updated 03/15/2011
© 1983-2011 Resort Data Processing, Inc. All rights reserved.