Click here for a Charting and Exporting tutorials
|GRIDS IN RDPWIN|
|Column Choices||Page Through Grids|
|Add Buttons||Pin Columns|
|Double-Click Editing||Reorder Columns|
|Expand and Contract Rows||Right-Click Menu|
Grids are used to display various information based on user filters throughout the system. Grids are standardized to display and
offer uniform layouts and
within all modules. All
Right-Click options are listed below. Use the arrow, home, end, page up, and page down
keys to move throughout the grid, as well as the Tab key to move down a row and Shift-Tab to move up.
When an option such as change or check-in is clicked without having a record selected, the
Find form opens to request one be selected.
The reservation number of Group Leaders and Primary Sharewith reservations is displayed in bold in all grids to help users identify primary/leader reservations.
Current users of the system should select the
"Reset Grid Layout"
BEFORE using this option for the first time. New fields are added to
the list periodically. Click the Defaults button to update the list
before making choices to insure the list is up to date.
Column Choices allows the addition or removal of columns in the currently displayed grid for a quicker, more selective query. The selected column information is saved on a per-user and RDP directory basis (each user can select columns unique to each property directory). The columns in the Column Choices grid cannot be sorted.
When all selections have been made, click the Save button. To reject changes,
select the Close button.
|Filter||Numeric or Non-Numeric||Definition|
|Right-click menus show the same capabilities in most modules but only have relevant capabilities activated, depending on the active grid and module. Right-click menus may appear with different options on different grids.
Export Grid to Excel sends the current grid to an Excel file, file name designated by the user, to allow the user the ability to manipulate data in ways other than available in the grid. The system prompts to either open the document during the save process or normally through Excel at a later time.
Export Grid to PFD sends the current grid to a PDF file. The file name is designated by the user, to be viewed independently of the application or operating system using a program like Adobe Acrobat Reader. The system prompts to either open the document during the save process or normally through a PDF reader at a later time.
Go to Top Row and Go to Bottom Row take the user to the top or bottom of the grid. This is most useful when the grid contains a lot of data or when the summation feature is used, wherein the total sum is at the bottom of the grid.
Expand All Rows and Collapse All Rows allow the expansion or collapse all grouped information as in individual cleans within Housekeeping Boards or Resort Assets within Work Orders and Asset Management when grouped by a field or fields.
Clear Column Groupings is available after a field to be grouped is selected in the grid. Clear Column Groupings returns the grid to its default field placements without changing any other changes previously made such as filters or column widths.
Delete Selected Row deletes any selected row within a grid. For example, delete a work order, vendor, or contact from a grid. Some restrictions apply for these actions. This option is rarely available.
Reset Grid Layout returns the current grid to its default settings and abandon any column width, filters, or group settings entered by the user. This is only available when the grid information is being saved, and it returns the entire grid to its default settings. Use with caution. Should any grids appear to not be displaying correctly, use this function before calling support. (Not available in Work Orders & Asset Management/Vendors.)
- Schedule and Room Status - Show Room Detail
- These grids offer the ability to Show Room Detail in several ways. The user can either select the Room Number and click the Room Detail button in Today's Summary or the Options section of the Navigation Panel, double-click on a row, or use the right-click menu while in the grid areas of Schedule, Monitor Status, History Analysis, and Room Status to access this feature.
- Activity Vendors | Activity Schedule - Print
- Click Print to print the Activity Schedule to the designated printer.
- Show Master Detail
- To show the detail of an individual master, check the Show Master Detail box and highlight a row. The detail tabs available within each master are displayed based on the selected row. For example, the Contact Info., Master Info., Comments, and Notes tabs are displayed in Vendor Master Analysis. These are the same tabs displayed in add, change, and view Masters.
- Rooms | Room# Info
- Click to display Room Number Information.
- Rooms | Room Type Information
- Click to display Room Type Information.
- Analysis | Select Columns
- See Column Choices.
- Activity/Itinerary - Activity Detail
- Click Activity Detail for information.
- Activity/Itinerary - Activity Info
- Display additional information about a selected activity stored in the Help folder (usually f:\RDP\Help) as Rich Text Format (RTF) files defined by each property. The system first looks for an RTF file with the resort number and the component number as the file name. If not found, the system attempts to find a file with only the component number. If still not found, the system uses the vendor number and searches by resort number and then vendor number alone. If still unsuccessful, it uses the charge code, again using the same search options. This option is available wherever Itinerary items are displayed in a list, including the add activity form. If all searches are unsuccessful, a "File Not Found" error message displays a list of all files searched that do not exist. For help on how to add or change customer help files, see Add/Change RDPWin Custom Help Tutorial.
- Activity/Itinerary - Notes
- Click on any itinerary line item in the Reservation Details/Itinerary tab grid or Add/Change Activity and right-click to open the Activity Notes screen. Click Save when complete or Close to abandon changes and return to the Reservation Details screen.
- Activity/Itinerary - Print Ticket
- From the Itinerary tab in Reservation Details or the Add/Change Activity grid, select the activity to print, right-click, and select Print Ticket. The system uses the ###S subrecord in the HR table for printing tickets The number of copies is set to "1" by default, but can be change by using the up and down arrows or typing directly into the Copies field. Click Print to send the command to the default printer or Close to abandon the print command.
- Analysis Grid - Columns
- See Column Choices.
- Analysis Grid - Show Res Detail
- This grid offers the ability to show the reservation detail. The user can either check the Show Res Detail box in the Analysis Options area or use the right-click menu to access this feature.
- Arrivals, In-House, and Departures - E-Mail or Print Confirmation
- Once an Arrival, In-House, or Departures reservation is selected, the user can right-click and select E-Mail Confirmation to send the confirmation to the specific e-mail address in the reservation or Print Confirmation to send a copy of the confirmation to the local printer.
- Arrivals, In-House, and Departures - Print Folio
- Once an Arrival, In-House, or Departures reservation is selected, right-click and select Print Folio to send a copy of the folio to the local printer.
- E-Mail or Print Confirmation
- Open the E-mail or Print Options screen and allow the selection of confirmation type. Once selected, the E-mail Confirmation screen opens to allow manipulation of the confirmation details.
- Folio - Print Receipt
- While the focus is on any folio grid, users can select any credit card transaction that was processed through Protobase and Print Receipt from the right-click menu.
- New Reservation - All Quotes: Clear
- Use this option to delete all quotes from the Quote grid area. This selection cannot be reversed.
- New Reservation - Selected Quote: Restore
- When several quotes have been made and displayed in the Quote grid, use this option to restore the selected quote to an active position. When Make Reservation is clicked, it is based on the restored quote.
- New Reservation - Selected Quote: View Folio
- When several quotes have been made and displayed in the Quote grid, use this option to view a folio for a particular quote. For example, one quote may have folio charges for golf, and another may be room charges only.
- New Reservation - Selected Quote: View Itinerary
- When several quotes have been made and displayed in the Quote grid, use this option to view an itinerary for a particular quote. For example, one quote may have itinerary items for show tickets, and another may have dinner and show tickets.
- Auto Fill allows the entry of the same rate plan into the cells for a range of dates. The user must left-click in a cell in the row to be changed in order to activate the cell. Then right-click and select Auto Fill to choose a range of dates and a rate plan. Click Continue to input the selected rate plan into the cells in the active row.
- Best Available Rate
- This grid offers the ability to add and deleted Rate Date-Sets.
- RDPWinMonitor - Send E-mail Confirmation
- Click to send an e-mail confirmation to the selected reservation in the confirmation status section of the RDPWinMonitor screen. An error message is displayed with details if the notice cannot be sent. If "No e-mail address", then use Change E-mail Address (also located in the right-click menu).
- RDPWinMonitor - Change E-mail Address
- Click to open the Change Guest Master screen and make permanent changes to the e-mail address at the guest master level. Click "Save & Close" when complete to return to the Monitor.
- RDPWinMonitor - View Reservation
- Click to review the selected reservation in detail.
- Copy Selected Work Order
- Copy the currently selected work order into a new request and change the information (if necessary). If Save is clicked without making any changes, a warning that an exact copy will be saved is displayed. For example: If a work order requests that an item be delivered to a room for a particular stay but must be removed at a later date, enter a work order for the delivery, then copy the work order to request the item to be picked up. Enter a new description "pick-up item" on the details tab, enter a new vendor (since the same employee or outside vendor may not be on the work schedule for the pick-up), date, and time information on the Status tab, and Save. See Copy for more detail.
- Print Selected Work Order
- Offers the ability to preview or print a single work order selected from the grid. See Print for more detail.
- Email Selected Work Order
- Right-click a work order from the monitor and select "E-mail Selected Work Order" to display the Work Order E-mail Notification screen.
- Close Selected Work Order
- Using the right-click menu to close a work order requires a password entry to validate security clearance open the Close Work Order form. The Closed By field (user initials) and Completion Date/Time are stamped automatically by the system. The work order is officially closed when Save is clicked. Comments and Notes tabs are available for change until saved. See Close for more detail.
- Post Charge
- Please see Post Charge.
- Refresh Work Order List
- Manually refresh the grid prior to the system default refresh setting. For more information, see Work Orders and Asset Management Configuration Options.
- Select Columns
- See Column Choices.
Last Updated 04/03/2013
© 1983-2012 Resort Data Processing, Inc. All rights reserved.