Do not proceed with the RDPWin4 upgrade till the following
checklist has been completed.
A week or two prior to the V4 conversion a set of the customer
files should be uploaded to the RDPVail office and converted to V4.
This will flush out any potential issues.
- Use Win4Test.bat from a mapped drive to copy the files.
Win4Test.bat is located in F:\Batch
or on your local in C:\RDPWin3.
Win4Test.bat will copy the necessary files from RDP01 to
..\rdp\Win4Test. The files may then be zipped up and
copied to F:\Customers for
If the customer has a POS, (RA Module), call accounting, (R7
Module), PBX/Maid (RG/RK), or voicemail (RM), they must update to RDP GUI Interfaces prior to installing
There should be a saved document on the RDP Server desktop called
Setup.txt. This file should've been updated by the customer
with the assistance of Shift4. It will provide all of the
serial #s,passwords, account ids, 4res key, etc that you will need.
If for some reason it is not there ask the customer if they should have received an
email with a PDF from Shift 4 with their Merchant ID, Serial number
and Api password. We will need this information to fill out
the Shift4 configuration in RDPWin. It
will be similar to the following document
The UTG, (Universal Transaction Gateway) needs to be installed
and configured correctly prior to upgrading the customer to RDPWin4.
If the UTG is not installed or configured, the customer will need to
contact Shift4 support. The UTG will normally be installed on
the RDP Data Server
- Logon to RDP Data server as administrator
- Start ->Run
- Type services.msc
- Verify the Shift4 UTG is running.
Verify the encrypted M130 credit card swipes are configured
- Plug in an M130 swipe to an USB Port
- Open Notepad on the local computer
- Place cursor in notepad
- Swipe the Card into notepad
- Verify that the first two characters are 02 and last two
characters are 03.
- Have all users including interfaces exit RDP
- Login to the Data Server as Administrator
- Login to RDPWin and lock users out of the sytem
- Start the Pervasive Control Center
- Stop all Services by Right Clicking on Services and
Selecting 'Stop All Services'
- Turn off the RDPWin Monitor Service
- Administrator Tools ->Computer Management
- Expand Service and Applications in the left pane
- Select Services
- Right Click RDPWin Monitor Service in the right pane
- Select Stop
- Make a back up all live RDP data directories
- Copy the RDP01, RDP02, etc. to the desktop. We will
delete these directories after the upgrade
- If the RDP data server is a Virtual Machine have the HW
person take a snap shot. You will not need to back up any
directories to thedesk top.
- If customer was using VRP then rename the CNTCCARD.DAT file
(found in RDP01) to CNTCCARD.ORG. Repeat for ALL RDP data
directories, including historical directories.
- If customer was using Protobase, then ask the customer if they
want the existing, valid credit card #s on future reservations
converted to tokens. If they DO NOT then do the step above.
If they DO want the existing cards to remain and be converted to
tokens, then skip the above step. The downside to having the
existing credit cards converted to tokens is the CNTCCARD file does
not contain the CID or CVV2 #. RDP could not save this due to
PCI compliance. So when the convert to token utility is run
the token is created but when used the transaction could possibly be
downgraded for not containing the security code.
- Uninstall RDPWin3 and the RDPWin Client
- Control Panel ->Programs and Features
- Uninstall the RDPWin Server. If there is more than one
RDPWin Server, uninstall all of them. See troubleshooting
section if unsuccessful.
- Uninstall the RDPWin Client
- Run the RDPWin4 server install file
- Start Pervasive Control Center
- Turn on the Pervasive Services
- Install the RDPWin Client on the RDP data server
- Run the setup.exe in ..\RDP\RDPWinClient
- Login to RDPWin
- Depending on the size of the customer's files, Check Files
may take a long time to complete.
- Verify that Checkfiles has completed sucessfully
- Continue to the next live directory.
- Login to RDPWin
- Go to System ->File Utilities ->Rebuild Files & Indexes
- Rebuild All Critical Files
- Verify that utility has completed Sucessfully
- An error we've been seeing is
Value does not fall within the expected range.
(Trace: RebuildTablesAndIndexes-ProcessTables: Exception:
RDPWinCore-Functions-RebuildTable). If this happens then
rebuilding the files one at a time. The files rebuilt are
tablfile, itincurr, itinhist, notefile, notehist, statfile,
commhist, units, owners, groupmst, agents, ccards, guests, vendors,
hreserve, hexpens, voucfile, bookhist, hexphist, rateplan and
- Repeat on all live directories.
- Uninstall Protobase or VRP
- Download INSTALTB.UPD and INSTALTE.UPD from
- Install and register both Modules.
- Check the CC Exp Date in OnTime. The date should be
already set. If it isn't check with Rita.
- Stop and Start RDPWin
- Configure the C0 Table
- System ->Configuration ->Shift4
- Review the Shift4 CCR PDF for the configuration settings
- Fill in the following settings
- To determine the Port # and IP address go to Shift4 Bridge
Computer, (typically the RDP Data Server). Administrative
Tools -> Services -> Stop the Shift4 UTG Service. Then
->Shift4 ->UTG Tune up.
- The port number will be listed on the API Interfaces Tab.
In the image below, the port number is 295
Before credit card payments or authorizations can be taken in RDPWin,
the convert to token utility must be ran. This utility will need
to be run on all live directories.
Start with the live directories. Do not make or make changes
to current reservations prior to running this utility. If there is
already a token on the reservation, (Shift4 or VRP), the token will be
deleted by this utility.
- Verify the UTG is running by checking Administrative Tools
- System ->File Utilities -> Convert Credit Card to Token
- This utility will take 10 to 60 minutes to run depending on the
size of the customer files
- After the utility has completed, review the grid for errors.
If there are errors, then right click on the grid and export to
excel. If no tokens were created, you will want to restore the
cntccard.dat from the copy of the RDPXX directory placed on the
desktop. Troubleshoot the issue and then run the utility
Clear credit card auth fields
Select ResNum, CreditCard, CreditCardNum, CreditCardAuth,
CreditCardAuthAmt, CreditLimit from HReserve where CreditCardAuthAmt <>
If credit cardauthamt and creditlimit are the same then ok to run the
update statement. If it is not the same then we need to talk with
Update HReserve Set CreditCardAuth = '', CreditCardAuthAmt = 0,
CreditLimit = 0 where CreditCardAuthAmt <> 0
Check for credit card #s saved in HReserve & Bookhist
In RDPWin3 we masked the credit card # in HReserve & Bookhist.
In RDPWin4 we blank out this field. Run the following statements
to clear HReserve & BookHist.
- Select CreditCardNum, CreditCard, CreditCardExpDate from
HReserve where CreditCardNum <> ''
- Update HReserve Set CreditCardNum = '', CreditCard = '',
CreditCardExpDate = 0 Where CreditCardNum <> ''
- Select CreditCardNum, CreditCard, CreditCardExpDate from
BookHist where CreditCardNum <> ''
- Update BookHist Set CreditCardNum = '', CreditCard = '',
CreditCardExpDate = 0 Where CreditCardNum <> ''
Reports may have been updated by RDP or the customer.
- Look at the task. There should be one for Reports10.
If we fixed them, deliver the fixed reports.
- Run the utility to check for Non-ODBC rpts & key files.
Make sure all reports are taken care of.
- Make sure they remove the old credit card reader
- New device - M130, SREDKey, ISC250, IPP320 connected &
configured. Directions will be coming soon for the EMV devices
(ISC250 & IPP320)
- Clicking the RDPWin icon on the desktop should update the
workstations to RDPWin4. If not, the HW guy will need to
uninstall the RDPWin3 client and rerun the
- Test CC payments on all workstations
- Make sure Dollars on the Net training has been scheduled with
All archived and old RDP files must be deleted and wiped clean from
the disc. The RDPWin Server install copy's down three files,
Shred.bat, RDPDEL.bat and Sdelete to accomplish this task. This
step should only take place after all of the above steps have completed
RDPDel.bat uses Sdelete and makes 4 passes to completely remove
information from the disk. RDPDel deletes, *.zip, *.old and other
misc. files from the RDP root and RDPXX data directories. Edit
RDPDel.bat and make sure it is using sdelete. If it isn't you have
an old version of RDPDel.bat.
- Open Windows explorer
- Copy ..\RDP\sdelete.exe to C:\Windows\System32
- Open a command prompt and navigate to R:\RDP directory
- Type RDPDel
- Agree to SysInternals License
- This may take a while since RDPDel makes four passes to delete
- Copy RDPDel to ..\RDP\RDP01, RDP02, etc. and run
Use Shred.bat to clean up RDPDE directories and other backups.
- Open Window's explorer
- Copy ..\RDP\Shred.bat to the desktop
- Click and drag the RDPXX backups on the desktop to the Shred.bat
ICON. This will permanently delete the files.
- Click and drag all RDP demo directories to the Shred.bat ICON
- Do the same for any unused RDP data files in the ..\RDPNT\..
directories. Look for zip files, temp folders, Win4Test
folder, etc. If you renamed cntccard.dat to cntccard.org,
don't forget to shred this file.
- Search for Hreserve.dat and Hexpense.dat on the data server to
make sure you found all copies of the dat files. Keep of
course files in RDP01 and the historical directories but shred all
- Run newdemo.bat
Make sure the customer knows they are responsible to securing any
other files with credit card information.
Edit the resorts file. Make the resorts file, RDP data
directories and Pervasive Control Center Databases all match.
Uninstall the RQ module from any historical directories. Shred
the cntccard.dat from any historical directories.
GDS Access Token/4Res Key
If the customer is using the GDS we need to add the Access Token to
the GDS configuration
- The Access Token is generated by the customer during a Shift4
training session. Check the Task in OT for the Access Token or
the Shift4Setup.txt saved on the desktop of the data server.
If it is in neither place, ask the customer.
- Verify the RDP Data Server can reach the 4Res Server. From
a browser go to
https://secure.4Res.net/index.cfm. You should reach a 4Res
page. If the page times out then the external IP address of
the Data Server is most likely not whitelisted with Shift4.
You'll need to contact Shift4 to get this resolved.
- System -> Configuration -> GDS -> enter the access token in the
Shift4 4Res Key
- Check for errors under System -> RDPWin Log
- Check for errors under System -> RDPWin Monitor -> Monitor GDS
Reservations -> Error tab
- Uninstall IRM.Net V3 from programs and features
- Verify .Net Framework 4.0 is installed.
- Install IRM.Net V4 -
KINet0029. You should only need to run the install file
Verify that the RDPappPool is using .Net Framework V4
- Start IIS
- Expand the Server in the left pane
- Click on Application pools
- Verify that the RDPappPool is using .Net V4.0
- Right Click the RDPAppPool
- Select view applicatons from the right menu
- Verify that IRMNet is listed. If not change IRMNet to
use the RDPAppPool
- If the customer is using VRP to process credit cards, you can
now test the IRM.Net
Configure IRM.Net to use Shift 4
- Login to RDPWin
- Go to System -> Configuration ->Shift4
- Enter the eComm MID, and i4Go Settings
- the i4go Server URL is https://access.i4go.com
- Turn on i4Go logging
- Save & Close
- The RDPWin3 custom CSS files will not work in Version 4.
However, they should already be updated and saved to a task in
OnTime. Remember to copy the updated CSS files to the IRM
server. Do not rename the custom folder in the zip file or
merge with existing folders. Drop the updated files onto
the IRM in the appropriate folder locations. Update IRMNet
config to use the new theme. IRMNet -> Config ->
Appearance tab -> Theme
- Enable CSS Buttons. IRMNet -> Config -> Appearance tab
-> check mark Use CSS Buttons
You must test the IRM.Net on a browser that is outside the customers
- Start Google Chrome
- Enter the customers Marketing Site URL
- Click the book now button
- Make a reservation
- On the res entry page, use your RDP company credit card
- Save the reservation.
- If the reservation errors out, view the logs in the following
- On the IRM.Net server -
- On the Data server ..\rdp\rdp01\logfiles\CC
Request was aborted: Cound not create SSL/TLS secure channel
RDPWin returns this error after swiping or manually entering the
credit card number into 4Go. This usually occurs when we are
trying to obtain the token from Shift4, but the user does not have
rights or there is a firewall issue on the customer's network that needs
resolved by the customer.
RDPWin will log an error similar to the following in ..\rdp\rdp01\log
** Contents of RDP request message (01005036) to follow:
>8/22/2014 10:33:46 AM<
Testing to prove it is outside RDPWin:
Logon to the workstation as administrator and test.
Install 4Go on the UTG server and/or RDPData server and test
Make sure 4Go works in notepad on the workstation. This only
proves that the workstation is receiving the fake credit card number,
not the token.
- Stop and start the 4Go service
- Open Notepad
- Put your cursor in note
- key in ctrl alt F10
- enter the credit card info in to 4Go
- Shift4 should return a fake CC # with the first 4 and last 4
digits of the CC# entered.
Unknown error : -17
If you receive the following error or something similar, verify all
workstations of on Pervasive 11.30.051.000 or higher.
Pervasive.Data.SqlClient.Lna.k: Unknown error : -17 - Table: TableBU
(Trace: ucResChangeDetail-Save: FolioFunctions-CalcOtherChargesFromRes:
FolioFunctionsTablesSQL-GetTableSQL: RDPWinCore-SQLFunctions: SQLGet2)
IFrame is not allowed
An IFrame is not PCI compliant. The customer has been told this
by Sales and Support. If one slips through we can get the IRM to
work by editing the webconfig. Delete the line that is highlighted
below from the customers webconfig.
However, with their next update it will break again because we will
lay down a new webconfig. Customer needs to remove the IFrame.
Data Flow Charts
I4Go communication flow chart
Encrypted Keypad/Swipe flow chart
4go flow chart