Central Statistics File
Article ID#: KWin0201
Carefree wants to merge RDP statistical data for all parks with their MRI
accounting system which holds the budget information. In order to make the
reporting easier and faster, RDPWin now can aggregate the individual park
statistics data into a central file in RDP root.
This new file, CentStat, is a scaled down version of the standard stats file in
that it does not have all the fields. It is, however, a stand-alone file
in that it has the long descriptions for source of business, market code, state
and site type, so during reporting, those tables do not need to be accessed.
The file also contains a ResortNum field, which is the park ID from
Table R2, subrecord 01. If that does not exist, then the two character
resort number will be used.
- Switch 425-49 turns on the Central Statistics feature
- Once the switch is turned on, any change to the local statistics
file will be mirrored in the central stat file, this includes:
- Generate Stats at end of day
- Generate Forecast at end of day
- Manually generate/rebuild stats
- Manually generate/rebuild forecast
- RDPWin Monitor generate forecast
- Purge statistics records
- There is a new option in the Stats menu in RDPWin to rebuild
just the central stats file from the local stats file
- RDPWin monitor should be used to generate forecast instead of at
close of day. Use the Forecast tab in Day End Configuration to
configure when RDPWin Monitor will generate the forecast and how
Rebuild Central Stats
- The rebuild option in the Stats menu in RDPWin serves two
purposes. First, it will rebuild the past so that reporting can be
done on prior months. Secondly, if there is any issue with the data
syncing, any date range for any resort can be rebuilt.
- This option will prompt for which resorts to rebuild and will
show all resorts regardless of the resort currently active.
The resorts are rebuilt serially one at a time.
- Rebuild will also set switch 425-49 to Yes for any resort being
rebuilt. So, switch 425-49 can be set in resort RDP01 and then this
utility will be available. If it is then used from RDP01, it can
rebuild all other resorts and turn on the switch automatically.
- It is recommended to test the utility on one resort for several
months in order to gauge the performance. This utility should
not be used during normal working hours as it uses a lot of
database, network and other system resources. If possible, start at
the end of the day and let it run at night.