Article ID: KWin0195
Can't Logon to RDPWin on Any Workstation - Pervasive Administrator Logon
Cannot login to any workstation after a new server installation or server
migration. The Pervasive administrator login prompt displays, and entering the
administrator password does not load RDPWin.
This issue is often caused by the Windows firewall blocking pervasive. Turn off the windows firewall on the workstation and/or the server.
- Navigate to Start --> Settings --> Control Panel --> Windows Firewall.
- Select the Off radio button on the General tab.
- If you want to leave the Windows Firewall on, you can
add pervasive and RDP in the exceptions sections.
- If turning off the Windows Firewall does not allow you to open RDPWin,
there are other issues to network connectivity for Pervasive.
Pervasive PSQL communicates through three ports, it may be required to open or allow
traffic on the following ports which pervasive will use. The firewall(s) and
routers need to allow access to the following ports for remote access with
the server database engine:
- 3351 for the transactional interface
- 1583 for the relational interface
- 139 for named pipes
- Test DNS using NSLOOKUP.
- Have the network
administrator check/modify the DNS settings for the workstation to make sure it
is pointed to the proper DNS server.
- To troubleshoot DNS:
- Go to the Troubleshoot DNS document for IRM.Net.
any reference to IRM with the current workstation.