Cannot Complete RDPWin Server Install - Error 1920
RDPWin Monitor Failed to Start
Added 05/25/11 - MC
Article ID#: KWin0169
The RDPWin Server installation will not complete. Error 1920. Service
RDPWin Monitor failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient
privileges to start system services.
WARNING: Do not disable the Pervasive Transactional and Pervasive Relational Engines prior to updating.
Use the Lock/Unlock Logon option located under the System main menu in
RDPWin to keep users from logging in to RDPWin during the update
Follow the steps below to resolve Error 1920:
Create the RDPWin MonitorPath.txt file.
Open Notepad on the RDP data server.
Enter the local path to the RDP data (i.e. C:\RDPNT\RDP\RDP01).
Name the file MonitorPath.
Save it in the C:\Program Files\ResortDataProcessing\RDPWin
Check to make sure the Pervasive Services are started on the RDP data server.
- On the RDP data server, go to Administrative Tools --> Services.
- Locate Pervasive Transactional and Pervasive Relational
- In the Status column, make sure both read "Started."
- If the Status column reads any other than "Started," right click
the service and select Restart.
Check to make sure Microsoft .Net Framework 3.5 is installed.
- On the workstation with the error, click on Start --> Control
Panel --> Programs and Features (Windows 7, Server 2008, Vista) or
Add/Remove Programs (Windows XP, Server 2003).
- Check that Microsoft .Net Framework 3.5 is listed.
- If it is not listed,
download and install it.