Attempted to Read or Write Protected Memory Error When Running Reports
Updated 02/17/2011 - Article ID#: KWin0154
"Attempted to read or write protected memory. This if often an indication that other memory is corrupt." This error is a very generic error that can be caused by a number of different things. Possible reasons for the error is the data being accessed is unavailable or you do not have permission to access it. There are a few possible solutions listed below. However, these solutions may not fix the issue, and it may be required to contact RDP Support or your IT professional for additional assistance.
Note: The solutions listed below are only possible solutions to the problem.
1. Rerun the report that caused the error.
2. Reboot the workstation that received the error.
3. Uninstall and reinstall the Crystal 10 Viewer on the workstation if running RDPWin version 3. See Crystal Viewer Installation Instructions for more information.
4. Correct any missing indexes on the Crystal Report. See Missing Indexes for more information.
5. Fix the Sat Entries on the workstation. See Correct Sat Entries for more information.
6. Clean up the workstation's registry using a registry repair tool. There are numerous registry cleanup programs available for download.