Cannot Locate the Named Database Specified (Btrieve
Article ID#: KWin0145
The following error is received when logging into RDPWin:
Cannot locate the named database specified (Btrieve
This error can cause a number of issues with the RDP system, including leaving
users logged into the database, station number or station in use errors,
problems running reset availability, and logon and logoff errors.
Make sure there is a database connection in the Pervasive Control Center for all resorts listed in the Resorts file. Note: This must be
done on the RDP Data Server.
- Check the list of resorts from the RDPWin Logon screen by clicking the Resorts
drop down before logging in.
- Verify the Resorts are listed as database connections in the
Pervasive Control Center.
- Click Start --> Programs --> Pervasive --> Control Center &
- Expand the Engines --> expand the computer name --> expand
- Verify the Resorts from the RDP Logon screen are all listed in
the Pervasive Control Center. Note: There may be additional
databases listed that are not in RDPWin Logon screen. This is
typical and additional databases should remain in the Pervasive Control
- If there are missing database connections, add them in the Pervasive Control Center.
- Right click Databases --> click New --> Database.
- In the Database Name field, enter the missing
resort number with 'RDP' at the beginning of the name. For
example, if resort 33 - Hotel Sample System is missing, the
database name would be RDP33.
- In the Location field, enter the location of the RDP
folder on the server. For example, C:\RDPNT\RDP.
- Uncheck the Create Dictionary Files and Uncheck Relational
- Click Finish.
- Right click the new database created and select Properties.
- Click the Directories option from the left pane.
- Remove any existing Data Dictionaries.
- Click New and enter the Data file path as the location of
the RDP data directory. For example, for the RDP33 directory, enter the
path as C:\RDPNT\RDP\RDP33.
- Click OK.