| Added: 05/07/10
RDPWin Version 3
Pre-Installation Checklist for Customers
Enter a Support Ticket to
Schedule an Upgrade
|Contact RDP Support by entering a
support ticket and request date and time when RDPWin3 can be updated. Keep in mind that
users must be locked out of RDPWin for an extended period of time, so a low-traffic day, date,
and time should
Review RDPWin 3 Requirements
- Verify Pervasive is Version 11 or
- Verify Protobase version is 6.01 or higher. Click here for more
- Customers using the Internet Reservation Module must install
the IRM.Net. Classic IRM cannot be used with
- An SSL Certificate is required to take deposits using the
IRM.Net as well as using the IRM.Net for owners, groups and travel
- Customers using RDPSerial must switch to RDPActuator.
Contact RDP Support by entering a
support ticket to
complete this process.
- Customers using RDPGDS must switch to one of the approved
GDS 2-way interfaces.
Credit Card Encryption is required.
Contact RDP Support by
entering a support ticket to complete
- .Net Framework 3.5 SP1 must be installed on all workstations/servers.
- Crystal Reports Version 10 or higher.
- Unique user per session of RDPWin - No more "Front" for all front desk clerks.
User Logon Changes
- Once upgraded to RDPWin Version 3, all Login Names and Passwords
are stored in RDPWin. RDP-DOS is no longer used for
- Review User Login Changes/Rules -
User Login Changes in
RDPWin Version 3
Verify Microsoft .Net
Framework 3.5 SP1
3 requires that Microsoft .Net framework version 3.5 with service pack 1 be installed on all workstations
and servers running RDPWin. If a workstation is not used for RDPWin, it
is not necessary to install .Net framework.
To verify the .Net framework version on Windows XP, complete the following:
- Select Add or Remove Programs from your desktop's Start ->Settings ->Control Panel submenu.
- Scroll down the list of installed programs and verify that Microsoft .Net Framework 3.5 w/ SP1 or higher is installed.
- For more information about .Net or to download the latest version, see: http://www.microsoft.com/net/.
To verify that .Net Framework 3.5 is installed on a Windows
Server 2008, go to Control Panel -> Programs and Features. Verify .Net Framework 3.5 exists. Do not remove Microsoft .Net 1.1 if it exists. If .Net Framework is not installed,
complete the following steps:
- Go to the Control Panel, select Administrative Tools
- Select Server Manager
- Right Click Features and select Add a Feature
- Check the .Net Framework 3.5.1 Features box
- Click Next and click Install
Note: If Microsoft .Net 3.5 SP1 framework is not
installed on the computers, the install program will download it from the
Internet. This happens automatically, and only the first time, as long as
there is an Internet connect for the computer on which the installation is
taking place. If there is no Internet connection, the framework can be
downloaded and installed manually.
Download the Microsoft 3.5 SP1 framework
Back-up of RDP Data Directories
|It is critical to have a back-up of the RDP directories.
RDPWin makes changes to the RDP data during the conversion.
- Log into the RDP Data Server
- Exit all users from the system. All users should remain logged
out of RDP until the upgrade to RDPWin Version 2 is complete
- Copy the C:\RDPNT\RDP directory to c:\Temp
Download Version 3 Updates
- See KWin0060 for steps to
disable the Data Execution Protection (DEP).
|Verify or update to Pervasive Version 11 or higher. See How to verify your version
of Pervasive for details.
See also: Pervasive Software Overview and
Upgrade Prices (or call RDP
Important Version 3 Documents