Updated 7/26/2013 by SPW
Article ID#: KWin0078
Group Leader/Master Reservation
Transfer Amount is Incorrect
How to make a correction to a Group Leader or Group
Master for an incorrect transfer amount from a group reservation.
How to allocate a payment to a transfer correction.
The steps in this process may be such
that you only need to complete Step 1. All three steps need to be completed
original charges billed to the master/leader are incorrect.
- Fix charges on the group reservation
- Transfer corrections to the Group Leader or Group Master
- For open balance statements Group Masters, allocate payment
Do not attempt to fix by using transfer codes (TR), as this can cause problems if transactions are flagged as anything other
than (I) Individual.
Correct charges on the group reservation.
- In this example, the wrong room charge amount for group reservation #77
was transferred (Billed) to Group Master IBM and needs to be corrected
- F3 find reservation #77
- Click on the
- Click the
- Select the room charge to be corrected
- Click the
- Enter the correct price for the room charge.
- Select the date that you want the correct to post to the general
ledgers. If in doubt, use the system date
- Close the
Change/Reserve Charges Window
- The group reservation now has a credit balance that needs to billed to
the group master.
Transfer charges to Group Master
- On the left of the under Options,
select Bill Charges To, and select either group master or
leader, in this example it would be Group Master. Say yes to the
prompt to transfer to the Group Master i.e. this is sending a
credit for the incorrect transaction amount to the group master.
- Find the Group Master and view transactions
- Notice the running balance for res #77 is now correct.
Apply/Allocate payment to the Group Master
We can now apply the payment to the Group Master. If using a balance
forward statement, simply Auto post payment to the oldest open transactions.
If using an Open Balance Statement, follow the steps below
- Find the Group Master
- Select Payment
- Select Manual post a payment to specific open transactions
- Select payment type and enter the amount
- Click display Open Transactions
- Select the correction transaction/transactions first
- Select the remaining transactions
- Verify that the Payment, Allocated, and Unallocated amounts are correct.
- Click Save & Close