Duplicate Workstation Numbers
Added 6/17/08 - SS/SH
Article ID#: KWin0066
RDP users may receive a system notice that the workstation number is not
unique. This occurs when:
- The RDP session ends due to and error message, power surge, power outage, etc., and the RDP01/lockfile.DAT is not correctly updated.
- The user logs out of RDP incorrectly and the RDP01/lockfile.DAT is not
- Two workstations actually have matching/conflicting station numbers.
Each workstation must be assigned a unique station number.
There are several options to clear up the issue. Contact your system
administrator to discuss which solution is best for the property.
- Have every single user in RDPWin log out. Each time a user logs
out, the station number is removed from the lock file. However, there
are occasions when the station number is not removed from this file and must
be manually removed. Navigate to the RDP01 directory, and delete the
When users log back in, the workstation numbers are all added back into the
new system-created lockfile.DAT file.
- Physically access each workstation on the property and make note of
workstation numbers. When the duplicate is found, assign a new
workstation number to either of the machines with the matching station
numbers. See Workstation Number for details
on how to add/change/view workstation numbers.
- Call RDP Support at (970) 845-7108 or access
http://support.resortdata.com/tickets/ to open a ticket and receive an
email with information and steps to assist you.