Stat 3012 on All Workstations
Article ID#: KWin0061
Added: 06/13/08 - SS/MC
Updated: 6/17/08 SS/BZ
Customer is getting Stat 3012 on all workstations including the data server
after an update. Cause: both the pervasive relational and
transactional engines are stopped. Rebooting does not clear the error.
Services must be manually restarted.
- Make sure the ODBC connection is made.
- Select Data Sources (ODBC) from the Start | Control Panel |
Administrative Tools submenu.
- Click on the System DSN tab.
- Confirm that all directories have a database configured.
- Make sure the database engines are running.
- Log into the server.
- Select Services under Start | Programs |
- Verify both the PSQL Transaction Engine and the PSQL Relational
Engine have been started. If not, right-click on each of the services and
restart them. The default setting on these services should be automatic so that
they restart when the computer is rebooted.
- Right-click and view Properties.
- Click the Recovery tab.
- Confirm that 1st, 2nd, and 3rd
failures are set to restart the service.