IE 10 and IRM.Net - Image Buttons Do Not Respond to Clicks
IE 10 has issues with Microsoft .Net 3.5 applications that causes
image buttons to not respond to clicks. IRM.Net 3.0 is a .Net 3.5
application, so it experiences this problem. Microsoft suggested a
workaround which has the application run in IE 9 mode, which RDP has
done in IRM.Net version 3.0.012.34.
Microsoft .Net 4.0 (including the latest hot fixes) does not have this issue
with IE 10. IRM.Net 3.1.005.04 is a .Net 4.0 application and can be
viewed in IE 10 and can remain in IE 10 mode.
Solution - IRM.Net 3.0 Customers
- Update to IRM.Net 3.0.012.34.
- Update the IRM server with all the latest Windows updates. Note: Not being up to date can cause the .Net
Framework to not identify IE 10. Also see Microsoft KB article 2600100
for a possible hotfix.
- IRM.Net pages have been manually edited, they will not be
replaced by the IRM.Net 3.0.012.34 update. Therefore, the fix for IE
10 will NOT be installed. Remove all IRM.Net Aspx pages prior to
updating to 3.0.012.34 so all pages are updated.
- If IRM.Net is contained in an iFrame HTML tag, a change must be made to the
page containing the iFrame HTML tag in order to support IE 10. Because the
SSL lock does not show in the browser when the IRM.Net is contained
in an iFrame HTML tag, RDP recommends against the use of an iFrame
HTML tag. For
customers currently using an iFrame HTML tag the options for supporting IE 10
- Discontinue using the iFrame HTML tag and navigate to the IRM.Net or
display it in a new tab or window.
- Update to IRM.Net version 3.1.
- Add the following meta tag to the <head> section of the page
containing the iFrame HTML tag:
Solution - IRM.Net 3.1 Customers
- IRM.Net 3.1.005.04 or higher support IE 10 using the image
buttons. If the IRM.Net is version 3.1, update to IRM.Net 3.1.005.04
- An alternative to image buttons is to use CSS button, which
IRM.Net supports. CSS buttons are light weight with no images to
load, and have no IE 10 issues.
- Update the IRM.Net server with all the latest Windows update.
The fix for IE 10 and image buttons was released as a hot fix to