Added: 02/17/11 MC/JK
Article ID#: KC00020
Crystal Reports uses indexes to find records faster. Without indexes reports
take longer to run and display data.
To check if indexes exist on a report, open the appropriate report in Crystal
Designer --> Database --> Database Expert --> click the Links tab. If there are
colored icons in front of a record, then the indexes exist.
If indexes are not present, follow the steps below to add:
- Open the appropriate report in Crystal Designer.
- Database --> Set Data Source Location.
- Change the Data File Path. If it is currently an ODBC connection, then
convert it back to Pervasive Driver by selecting a Replace With option from
the bottom half of the screen. Click on the Database icon on the top section of the
screen and click the Update button. If the report is already a Pervasive
connection, then change the Pervasive connection to the appropriate path (i.e.
..\..\file.ddf or a direct path to the data r:\rdp\file.ddf).
- Click the Close button.
- Go to Database --> Verify Database.
- Click NO to Remove Files if errors are reported. Do not remove files, as this will
break the report. Correct the data source location path in step 3 and repeat
step 5. Click OK once the Verify Database is complete.
- Go to Database --> Database Expert.
- Click in the Links tab and verify that the links exist.
- Click OK. Do not X out.
- Change the Data Source location back to the original connection before
step 3 was completed.
- Save the report.