How to Print Resort Property Name on Crystal Report
Added 10/02/2002 -
Article ID#: KC00005
has multiple data directories and wants to print the property name for
the specified directory at the top of a Crystal Report.
In order to solve this problem with the
current RDP Crystal DDF files, use the following steps:
- Open the report.
- Create a new parameter using Insert |
Parameter | New.
- In this example, the parameter is
named "PropertyName" and it has the qualities listed in
steps 4 - 6.
- The prompting text is "Please
select property name".
- The value type is "String".
- Click the "Set Default
Values" button and enter the property names under "Select
or enter value to add". In this example, for Mike Wetmore
at Mountain Park Lodges, the values were his property names, i.e. -
The Marmot Lodge, Lobstick Lodge, and Amethyst Lodge. Click
the "Add" button after entering each property.
- After entering the property names,
click "OK" and save the new parameter.
- Use Insert | Parameter and insert the
new parameter at the point where the property name should print
(usually the top of the report).
- Format the text to appear as a
heading, i.e. - Bold, Underline, etc.
- When printing the report, the customer
first selects the data directory using RDP Reporter. After
selecting the data directory in Reporter, a new tab appears in the
"Enter Parameter Values" window - PropertyName. The
values entered in step #6 above appear as valid choices.
- The choice selected in step #10
appears on the report.